Cancel application or disenrol

You can cancel your application for enrolment or disenrol from a HU degree programme at any time. You can simply do so online, in Studielink. The Studielink instructions depend on whether you have applied for enrolment (cancellation) or are already enrolled at HU (disenrolment) and other aspects, such as the payment of your tuition fees.


Are you having second thoughts about the degree programme(s) for which you have applied, or have you applied for multiple degree programmes that you do not wish to enrol in? If so, you can cancel your application(s) for enrolment in Studielink. If you cancel before the start of the degree programme(s), cancellation will be free of charge. Any digital authorisation for the payment of the tuition fees will be cancelled automatically. If you cancel (or disenrol) on 1 September or later, costs may be involved.

How do I cancel my application?
-    Go to Studielink and log on with your DigiD;
- Go to My degree programmes and select the application that you would like to cancel;
- Go to Programme details and select Cancel application for enrolment;
- Click Confirm in the next screen.


If you are enrolled in a HU degree programme and decide to quit your studies, you can no longer cancel. You must then apply for disenrolment in Studielink instead. Please read the instructions on how to disenrol at (enter Disenrolment in the search field). Disenrolment can have consequences, for instance for the payment of tuition fees. Therefore, please use AskHU and carefully read the rules and conditions regarding disenrolment first.

Lodge an objection or appeal

If you do not meet the legal requirements for enrolment on time, you cannot be enrolled. If this is the case, you will be informed by HU. If you do not agree with our refusal to enrol you, you may lodge an objection or appeal.

Lodge an objection
You can lodge an objection using the objection form. Please fill out the objection form as completely as possible and return it by email to the Enrolment Office. Your objection must be in our possession within two weeks after the message's date.

Lodge an appeal
If, consequently, you do not agree with the decision following your objection, you can lodge an appeal. An appeal has to be lodged within six weeks after the message’s date to the HU Student Legal Protection Desk through a digital form. More information and the digital form can be found at

Deze website maakt gebruik van cookies. Klik hier voor meer informatie.